Work Learning Taskforce's Charge
The Work Learning Taskforce is charged with reviewing the work requirement and developing a model that focuses on learning while meeting the needs of the institution.
The Developmental Model subcommittee is charged with:
Crafting a developmental model for the Work Program that focuses on learning while meeting the needs of the institution
Developing the outline for a work designated course to complete the General Education model
The subcommittee will report their work to the large committee for feedback and review.
The Logistics subcommittee is charged with:
- Researching current WWC Work Program expectations against other Work Colleges' expectations and rationale
- Reviewing current compensation rates and possible differential pay systems
- Examining activities that merit work hours
- Understanding the challenges students experience fulfilling required work hours while pursuing extracurricular activities
The subcommittee is expected to present its findings and recommendations to the full committee for its review.
Supervisor Professional Development Subcommittee Charge
In order for Work Crew Supervisors to be effective in their role as educators, the College needs to provide regular professional development opportunities for new and experienced supervisors. The Supervisor Professional Development Sub-Committee is charged with:
- Identifying professional development topics for the development of skills, competencies and personal qualities that will equip supervisors and help them to grow in their role as educators.
- Developing a calendar of professional development programs that provides a range of topics offered in ways that address different learning styles and time commitments.
- Creating a plan for assessing whether the professional development being provided in making Work Crew Supervisors more effective in their role as educators.
Work Program's Common Learning Outcomes
2010 Strategic Plan
2010 Work Program Review