- Taking temps and performing simple daily tasks in the morning requires one person for about 20 minutes.
- Loading requires 2-3 people for 90 minutes, twice daily.
- Unloading requires 4 people for 90 minutes and usually is performed 2-3 times per week.
- Fluffing the piles with a front loader requires one person for about 30 minutes.
- Turning the piles requires one person with a front loader for about 3-4 hours.
- The old method of screening required 2-3 people for anywhere from (approximately) 8-10 hours. The new method utilizes a metal screen on an incline with an electric vibrator. This has decreased the time to screen one pile from 3 days down to one morning.