EVERY student who has not yet taken the Math Placement Exam and who has not satisfied the General Education Requirement in Mathematics is required to take a Math Placement Exam. This is NOT optional. Our goal is to place our students appropriately.
These exams are available online, through MOODLE, and a student may take as many of these exams as many times as s/he chooses.
Accessing the Math Placement Exams
1) Using Moodle, WWC's Learning Management System
Point your browser to http://moodle.warren-wilson.edu/ Your (network) login name and password are the same as for your e-mail (without the @warren-wilson.edu part). If this is the first time you are accessing Moodle, then you will be asked to fill in some basic information.
2) Once you access the 'Math Placement' course, you can select the 'News Forum' link to access forum topics (posted by Evan Wantland) concerning the Math Placement Exams.
*** Please read these before taking an exam. ***
3) Select the appropriate exam. Once you have selected an exam, you will be prompted to begin. Once you begin, you need to complete the exam in the allotted time. Don't forget to hit 'Submit'.
4) When you complete an exam, use your browser's 'Back' button to return to the Math Placement Course home page. If you are finished, then logout. If you need to take another exam, then go ahead and select the exam and continue.
5) The exam is timed at 40ish minutes, so find a quiet spot with pen and paper, and show us what you know.
You may take these tests at any time and as many times as you want.