Books, Books, and more Books!
- Use our catalog
to find books/ebooks, videos, CDs, etc.
- Use WorldCat
to find and request books from other libraries through Interlibrary
Loan. If you are
overwhelmed by the amount of content in WorldCat, try looking up a book
that has already been helpful to you. Then search by some of
the same subject terms. Or look for the section of the record
that says 'More Like This' and click the 'Advanced Options' link.
What you see there should help you find similar materials.
Finding an article can involve three steps.
Use Databases to find articles or citations.
If the citation includes the full-text or image, you can get the
article right away. If not, go to Step 2.
Finder to see if we have the journal you want.
Note: this is the step to go
to if you *already have a citation* in hand. If
we do, get your article from the source. If not, go to Step 3. You can also view a list of Relevant Journals In Our Collection and then check Journal Finder for access info.
Loan to request the article from another library.
Please allow time.
Selected Full-Text Databases and Web Sites
databases covering a variety of subjects:
Science & Social Science Databases:
- ERIC - citations and abstracts of the international
journal and report literature in education and related fields (also includes curriculum documents)
- Education Full Text
- Teacher Reference Center - potential source of relevant articles. Note: this database does not link to Journal Finder, so you will have to manually search Journal Finder to see if we have access to the article. May also include citations to articles with teacher lesson plans.
- Environment Complete
Sciences Full Text- indexing and full text
access for journals in the social sciences
- a comprehensive index of the professional and academic literature in psychology and related disciplines
- PsycArticles - subset of PsycInfo of full-text articles from the American Psychological
Suggestions for Citation Management:
– this is an excellent citation management tool that functions through
suitable only for those with their own computer.
tool integrates into Word or OpenOffice documents
also, with a plugin