Pew Learning Center & Ellison Library

FAQ - Microforms

What are microforms, and how do you use them?
Microforms can be one of two things: microfilm or microfiche. Microfilm is a long roll of film, whereas microfiche comes as a single sheet of film. They both are a way to store lots of information in a small amount of space. Although anything can be put in this format, most of our microforms are magazines, journals, and newspapers.

Because the print is so tiny, you'll need to use special machines to view the documents. You can also print from some of these machines.

The microfiche and microfilm are located on the main level of the library in the Microforms Area. The microform readers and printers are there also.

WWC Library Home Page