- American Association of Higher Education Assessment Forum (http://www.flaguide.org).
Especially useful are the
Classroom Assessment Techniques overview (click on CATs) and the interactive tool that
matches assessment techniques to your goals/outcomes (on the CATs page,click on the blue goals box in the banner).
Learning Outcomes and Outcomes Assessment
- Center for Teaching Effectiveness: Assessment and
background papers on assessment. Note the sample learning outcome
statements and the rubrics for assessing learning outcomes. There
are also resources for designing end-of-term student evaluation
- Created by the Center for Support of Teaching and Learning at
Syracuse University (http://cstl.syr.edu/cstl/T-L.htm).
This site has some
useful resources for teaching in general. Note especially the Topics for Teachers button, classroom assessment link.
- From the Centre for Teaching Learning at University College
Dublin, Good Practices in Teaching and Learning (http://www.ucd.ie/teaching/good/lea.htm).
Of interest are especially
the sections on the use of learning journals across different
disciplines and the assessment of reflective writing.
- Developed by Flinders University in Australia, the Teaching for
Learning website offers an online assessment tutorial, in addition to
numerous ideas to "maximize student learning and invigorate the
teaching experience." Point your brower at http://www.flinders.edu.au/teach/assess/tutorial.htm.
Last updated by Chris Nugent, December 2004.
* Based on a webliography by Bonnie Chauncy in C&RL News
, November 2004, p.
Additional websites were taken from a handout compiled by Dr. Paul
Bartels, November 2004.