What to Do if You Are Getting Email Quota Warnings:
Take a deep breath. This will be okay. Your email quota is large enough to store thousands of emails. The real problem that fills up your quota is attachments. What we are going to do is show you how to go into your Zimbra account and find the few big offenders and deal with them. Going straight for the big resource hogs saves a lot of time and is more effective than just deleting hundreds of tiny emails that aren't really even making that much difference the your quota anyway.
How to Find the Offending Emails:
How to Deal with Them:
- Log into Zimbra
- Click the button that says "Advanced" in the upper right corner
- Click the "size" button (seventh option from left in tool bar at top of screen)
- Change units to megabytes (MB)
- Start out by looking for emails 5 MB or larger, by typing 5 into the value field and pressing enter. If you don't find anything try typing 3 into the value field and pressing enter again.
Now that you have found the biggest emails that are taking more than their share of your precious email quota, you have some options about what to do with them.
- Delete them (and empty the trash)
- If you still need the attachment but not the email, download and save the files to "My Documents," and delete the email.
- If you still need the files and the email content, download and save the files, as in option 2, then click the "remove" button after the attachment in the email. The email itself is not big enough to hurt your quota, so you can just save it in Zimbra.
Don't forget to empty the trash after major deletions!